10 Great Ideas for Under Stairs
Have you often wondered what to do with that space under your stairs? It may not seem like much but there’s actually much you can do with that space with proper planning. And now for your inspiration:
1. You can never have too much storage! Under the stairs is a great way to solve those lack of storage problems. Photo: midwestliving.com
2. Under the stairs is a great space to tuck away a much needed office.
Photo: Courtesy of starcraftcustombuilders.com Aristo Kraft Cabinetry
3. Storage & pantry space for your kitchen.
4. Finding space under your stairs for an extra bathroom is a stroke of genius. It not only solves a problem, adding an extra bathroom but will add value to your home.
5. Wondering what to do with all those extra wine bottles you have? Stash them under the stairs. Found on the decoist.com
6. Or better yet, create a bar including a bar sink in that space. From BHG
7. A creative spot to tuck that TV & some knick knacks away.
8. A bed under the stairs could solve the guest bedroom problem or not enough bedrooms upstairs.
9. If you can’t find someone in your house, look for them in this cozy reading nook. Someone could be here for hours. Found on floatproject.org
10. How fun is this? This is every kids dream to have a tree house but in your own house? Under the stairs is a popular spot for play houses.
The bathroom #4 and The bar including the bar sink #6 get my vote for Adding The Most Value to your Home.
#10 Gets my vote for being the cutest.
What is your favorite?
Welcome! I’m Debi Collinson. Designer. Stager. Real Estate Investor. In 2006, at the request of a realtor, I staged my very first home. Staging houses was just starting to become popular. I watched every staging show on HGTV that I could find. I was very nervous staging my first house, but the sellers liked their newly redesigned home so much that they turned down an offer for full asking price. I went back to design school and have never looked back. Since 2006, I have been staging & designing spaces to make them look like they belong in a magazine page, and buying “fixer uppers” to fix up & either sell for a healthy profit or to rent them out. Sign up to receive my e-mails of how to make your home stunning, how to sell your house for top dollar AND how to become financially independent one fixer upper at a time!